Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Uneeeeque Disagreement

A Unique Disagreement Dear Young Minds, This one is from my C-in-C {Comra(i)d(e) in Crime}, Col (Retreaded) Haar-ki-Raat Singh!, a member of our CCCCC (Colony Concrete Culvert Conference Committee)....(average age of members as per censor carried out at the end of Nandana Varsha being 76+)..a member whom I (personally) love to hate. Why? Well, he talks sense; fires straight from his shoulders; calls a spade a spade; always dressed right for the occasion; gives a treat when beaten in Golf. Over to HKRS... Quote Robert Thorton or Thornton (some such name) related the following incident from his childhood: In the middle of one of my parents' more memorable disagreements, my father jumped up from the table, grabbed two sheets of paper, and said to my mother, "Let's make a list of everything we don't like about each other." Mom started writing. Dad glowered at her for a few minutes, and then wrote on his paper. She wrote again. He watched her, and every time she stopped, he would start writing again. They finally finished. "Let's exchange complaints," Dad said. They gave each other their lists. "Give mine back," Mom pleaded when she glanced at his sheet. * * * * * * All down the page Dad had written: "I love you, I love you, I love you." – Source: Internet When I told(ed) this to my Sahadharmini, she sim(B)ly, handed over to me six fools-cap blank sheets and a humble pencil. No marks for guessing what I wrote ( no not an imposition....a voluntary declaration) Ciao V~v~R 20-05-13 “What is beautiful is not always good, but what is good is always beautiful.” - Unknown".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home